mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] MINA 2.0.0
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 08:09:46 GMT
  On 9/14/10 9:16 AM, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 1:23 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny<elecharny@apache.org>  wrote:
>>   On 9/13/10 11:43 PM, Maarten Bosteels wrote:
>> Then 30 minutes later, it passes. I have no idea why it behaves this
>> way, but this is systematic, and not only for MINA, but also for Vysper,
>> FtpServer and so on.
> This is not true, at least not for Vysper and FtpServer. There are two
> types of issues we've seen in Hudson in these two projects:
> * Failed builds due to Hudson stability problems. These are easily
> recognized since the build will fail with a Hudson error rather then a
> build error. Typical example is a borked connection to a Hudson slave.
> For Vysper and FtpServer I try to clean these from Hudson history when
> they happen.
> * Failed builds due to build problems, recognized problems coming from
> the build, typically test failures. This seems to be the case with
> MINA on Windows at the moment.

My bad. I wasn't able to characterize the problem last night, Hudson was
down.

I was confused by the message Hudson send us when you commit some
change, as we get a mail saying that "Hudson became unstable". (IMO? a
*very* bad message...).

We have some random failure on Windows, it seems, like for build #39 :

java.lang.AssertionError: expected:<4194304>  but was:<0>
	at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:91)
	at org.junit.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:645)
	at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:126)
	at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:470)
	at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:454)
	at org.apache.mina.filter.stream.AbstractStreamWriteFilterTest.testWriteUsingSocketTransport(AbstractStreamWriteFilterTest.java:364)

or for build 37 :
java.lang.AssertionError:
   Unexpected method call messageReceived((0x00000028: mina dummy, server, ? =>  ?), response:
{ requestId=1, type=WHOLE, message=org.apache.mina.filter.reqres.RequestResponseFilterTest$Message@33238785
}):
     exceptionCaught((0x00000028: mina dummy, server, ? =>  ?), org.apache.mina.filter.reqres.RequestTimeoutException):
expected: 1, actual: 0

and
java.lang.AssertionError:
   Unexpected method call messageReceived((0x00000029: mina dummy, server, ? =>  ?), response:
{ requestId=1, type=PARTIAL_LAST, message=org.apache.mina.filter.reqres.RequestResponseFilterTest$Message@43ce663c
}):
     exceptionCaught((0x00000029: mina dummy, server, ? =>  ?), org.apache.mina.filter.reqres.RequestTimeoutException):
expected: 1, actual: 0

Has someone got those kind of errors on Windows ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,