mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Re: [VOTE] MINA 2.0.0
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 13:07:38 GMT
  Fowrwarded to the correct ML. The initial mail was wrongly posted to
the directory ML.

	9a3c997e370490378dd3

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny<elecharny@apache.org>wrote:

>   On 9/14/10 1:49 PM, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
>
>>  On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny<elecharny@apache.org>
>>   wrote:
>>
>>>  Shouldn't we consider the download of the rxtx.jar as an active choice
>>>  already ? (just wondering)
>>>
>>  But, with how I proposed earlier (which I now think is wrong) rxtx.jar
>>  would be downloaded by running "mvn -Pdistribute install". Don't think
>>  that would be clear to users.
>>
>>  So, instead I think it's best not to include the serial stuff among
>>  our binaries. Those wanting to use it should instead having to make an
>>  informed choice by building it themselves.
>>
>  So to be clear :
>  - the bin won't contain anything related to serial (no rxtx jar, no serial
>  code)
>  - the src package will contain the code of the serial project
>
>  I'm fine with that if nobody object.

FWIW there was some feature in Maven that conditionally downloads an
artifact after having the user approve the license. Perhaps we can take the
same steps for the rxtx.jar artifact?

Regards,
--
Alex Karasulu