mina-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: [Vysper] Playing around with S2S
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 10:50:34 GMT
On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Niklas Gustavsson <niklas@protocol7.com> wrote:
> Yesterday I committed a first stab at a prototype for S2S support in
> Vysper. The commit contains partial support for the server dailback
> protocol and a server connector implementation. If anyone want to join
> up coding on this, or provide ideas or comments, please send an email
> here :-)

Turns out, the implementation is now fully functional. There are still
outstanding issues which I will open JIRA issues for, but s2s is now
fully working against jabber.org. Support is there for TLS, server
dialback, hostname resolution, relaying, error handling and so on.
Interoperability with other servers (especially gtalk which is a bit
odd) needs work. I also plan to add more tests and documentation (both
as Javadoc and on the site).

Anyways, I would like to merge the stuff into trunk. Would everyone be
okay with that? If you have any issues, please let me know!

/niklas