mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] MINA 2.0.3
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2011 16:25:37 GMT
This is a bug fix release. The most important issue was the 100% CPU
issue : we have removed the workaround in 2.0.1, and it seems that it
was a wrong move. The workaround has been added back.

The fixed issues are :

    Bug

    * [DIRMINA-627 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-627>]
      - ByteBuffer.getObject() doesn't support Class objects for
      non-serializable classes
    * [DIRMINA-678 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-678>]
      - NioProcessor 100% CPU usage on Linux (epoll selector bug)
    * [DIRMINA-809 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-809>]
      - Bundle-SymbolicName missing in MANIFEST.MF for some modules
    * [DIRMINA-814 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-814>]
      - Slow Receivers(servers) cannot read data already written by
      client applications after connection close is initiated by client
    * [DIRMINA-815 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-815>]
      - CumulativeProtocolDecoder.decode(...) does not find previous buffer
    * [DIRMINA-819 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-819>]
      - Synchronous behavior while adding and removing connections
    * [DIRMINA-820 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-820>]
      - ReferenceCountingFilter didn't work well

    Improvement

    * [DIRMINA-799 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-799>]
      - We should not export the distribution files to Maven repo
    * [DIRMINA-823 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-823>]
      - Add IoBuffer.putUnsigned* methods to balance the getUnsigned*
      methods for completeness

    New Feature

    * [DIRMINA-816 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-816>]
      - NioSocketConnector missing defaultLocalAddress

    Wish

    * [DIRMINA-788 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-788>]
      - RequestResponseFilter - Javadoc and Examples

A temporary tag has been created (it can be removed if the vote is not approved):
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/mina/tags/2.0.3/

The svn revision is :

The newly approved Nexus has been used for the preparation of this release and all final artifacts
are stored in a staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-076/

The sources distributions are available for download on :
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-076/org/apache/mina/mina-parent/2.0.3/

Let's vote :
[ ] +1 | Release MINA 2.0.3
[ ] ┬▒0 | Abstain