mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] MINA 2.0.3, take 2
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 08:39:41 GMT
On 4/12/11 10:26 AM, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 10:22 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny
> <elecharny@apache.org>  wrote:
>> yes in
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-078/org/apache/mina/mina-parent/2.0.3/
> That's the automated source package that Maven creates for you, it's
> not always in the form you want (like the name) and does not contain a
> binary package. That's why MINA has a distribution module
> (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/trunk/distribution/) but I can't
> find the output in this release.

Hmmm, right.

Although, we don't distribute a binary package, containing all the jars
: it's not useful, as nobody includes all the jars in its application
(usually only mina-core plus an extra module, but not often).

The mina-parent/2.0.3 contains a zip with all the sources, allowing
anyone to rebuild the full project (except).

We can change this policy, but I really think that it won't be a good
idea...

thoughts ?

PS : I can put the dsitribution content on people.apache.org/~elecharny,
but is this necessary ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,