mina-dev mailing list archives

From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject [MINA 3.0] Thought on IoHandler
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:41:47 GMT
Folks,

Long back, we discussed that we don't need IoHandler as its just another
version of IoFilter.

Based on this, had some more thoughts

1. We remove IoHandler interface
2. We still keep IoService#setHandler with following signature
    void setHandler(IoFilter handler);

Internally, we add this to the end of the FilterChain with name "ioHandler"
or something, as for us IoHandler is the end of chain.
This otherwise can be done implicitly by picking up last IoFilter in chain.
The advantage that I see with this approach is, the user
exactly knows the end of chain (keeps whatever needs to be done thr).

This shall be beneficial when we have the functionality that an IoFilter can
dynamically choose which filter to be executed next.
And in that case as well, the last filter shall be our IoHandler.

wdyt?

--
thanks
ashish