mina-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: Documentation Of Admin Console and writing server extensions
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 19:28:44 GMT
On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Mahajan, Navdeep (GE Healthcare)
<navdeep.mahajan@ge.com> wrote:
> I am trying to evaluate Apache Vysper and I see there isn't enough
> documentation available on how to configure admin console and write
> server extensions. I guess the admin console jar is actually a war which
> can be deployed onn any app/web server, is that correct assumption?

That's correct. Before building the WAR, you'll need to edit
console-servlet.xml to use your connection configuration

> Secondly is there any documentation available on writing server
> extensions for Apache Vysper? Or is there an example you can share?

This depends a little on what type of extensions you're planning to
develop. For most cases, modules/components are what you need. There
is some limited documentation on those:
http://mina.apache.org/vysper/extending-the-server.html

That said, I agree it's not sufficient. I'll add a todo to write up
something more complete.

For now, I would have a look at one of the modules/components that
ship with Vysper. There are plenty to choose from, pick one that
performs a similar task to what your planning.

If modules/components does not fit your needs, please elaborate a bit
more on what you need and we'll try to help out :-)

/niklas