mina-dev mailing list archives

From Alan D. Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: IoFilterChain.processExceptionCaught()
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 14:18:34 GMT

On Jul 11, 2011, at 1:18 PM, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 9:34 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>> That makes sense but wouldn't the implementation of IoFilter catch the exception
and do the required task within the context of the error?  Why let the exception fly out and
be caught by the external framework only to be sent in via an event handler with no relevant
context?

> Currently, we use this in both FtpServer and Vysper to handler
> exceptions thrown during the codec, which is done in a filter that we
> reuse and thus do not manage directly. Of course, we could probably
> subclass the filter and handle it in our subclass. Not sure what's
> simplest.

Or use filter delegation.

So, I'm hearing that my idea for restricting the API in this case still supports your needs
in a clean fashion.

Regards,
Alan