mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MINA 3.0] Initial thoughts on FilterChain
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 15:52:51 GMT
On 7/1/11 5:47 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> On Jul 1, 2011, at 8:04 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>> But all in all, in this case, the chain of filters will *be* a state machine.
> And here is my point.  They all are really state machines.  Having network protocols
"randomly" choosing chain paths is an anti-pattern.  State machines should be known and fixed
at the time of protocol initiation.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not sure anyone here had in mind an
implementation which picks the next filter randomly... Although, that
could be funny :)
and http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/mina/branches/mina-new-chain2/) to play around this idea.
> I'll take a peek at these.  Thanks!

frankly, those branches are mostly errands at this point. Don't expect
too much...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,