mina-dev mailing list archives

From Julien Vermillard <jvermill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1142469 - in /mina/branches/3.0/core/src: main/java/org/apache/mina/ main/java/org/apache/mina/filterchain/ test/java/filterchain/
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 11:58:34 GMT
Hi,
comments inline

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 7:05 AM, Ashish <paliwalashish@gmail.com> wrote:
> Minor comments
>
> 1. Do we want to have a check if the filter is already added or we just
> leave it to user?

You have a use case in mind ? You can add a method for knowing the
position of a given filter.

> 2. Was just trying to use the API public void insertBefore/After(int
> position, IoFilter ioFilter) as an end user.
>   a) As a User, how do I find the index of the Filter?
>       Probably, we need to provide another API which can give the same or
> alternatively we can pass IoFilter instance instead of index.

Good idea,  but you can actually insert two reference to the same
filter (ex: the LoggingFilter in different place of the chain).
Could work, but the filter will be inserted at the position of the
first filter reference.

> Good to see things are taking shape :)

Yes :) Feel free to hack it by adding your suggestion method, I'll
concentrate on filter execution, I just needed basic filter chain
building.
I would like to start processing events.

Julien