mina-dev mailing list archives

From Julien Vermillard <jvermill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IoFilterChain.processExceptionCaught()
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 19:48:51 GMT
On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

> On Jul 12, 2011, at 12:55 AM, Julien Vermillard wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 10:18 PM, Niklas Gustavsson
>> <niklas@protocol7.com> wrote:
and do the required task within the context of the error?  Why let the exception fly out
and be caught by the external framework only to be sent in via an event handler with no relevant
context?

>>> Currently, we use this in both FtpServer and Vysper to handler
>>> exceptions thrown during the codec, which is done in a filter that we
>>> reuse and thus do not manage directly. Of course, we could probably
>>> subclass the filter and handle it in our subclass. Not sure what's
>>> simplest.
>>>
>>> /niklas
>>>

>> I agree this exception event processing is ugly, but the behaviour in
>> case of decoding error is to be handled at the logical layer and not
>> in the parser layer.
>>
>> Well let's try to work out another solution :) an Exception
>> listener/handler for a given chain ? to be implemented by the last
>> Filter or some business logic ?
>
> I don't understand why we have to add more classes and logic for what should be a simple
policy, filters should not throw exceptions unless it's a fatal error.  When that occurs
the session halts.

>> I really would like to kick-out this chain of exception caught event.
>>
>> Julien

Ok I'm convinced I'll give it a try :)