mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [MINA 3.0] filter chains
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2011 22:05:35 GMT
On 8/21/11 11:45 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> On Aug 21, 2011, at 12:21 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> On 8/21/11 6:25 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>>> On Aug 20, 2011, at 11:47 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>>>
>>> MINA 2.0 currently has a this functionality, and frankly, it kills when it comes
to debug an application. A debugging session becomes a pain in the butt, as you have to step
in an extra layer before going into the next filter.
>>> Modern IDEs can be configured to not step into code that resides in certain packages.
 Just an academic observation.
>> Still a PITA. You *have* to step in when debugging a MINA 2 application, trust me.
> Yeah, maybe a problem for Mina 2 but it doesn't have to be architected that way.  Again,
an academic point.  :)

Certainly. And I do think that using a FSM will most certainly help
debugging.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,