mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MINA 3.0] filter chains
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 14:47:48 GMT
On 8/26/11 4:28 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> On Aug 26, 2011, at 7:12 AM, Julien Vermillard wrote:

How
>>> Yeah, it really should be a graph of filters, not a list of filters.
>>>
>> Well if it's just for demuxing I proposed few mails ago this solution
>> : http://s.apache.org/A9W
> I think we need to make graphing a 1st class citizen and not buried inside another filter
class.

I do agree. The proposed solution on http://s.apache.org/A9W is what we
currently have, and it's tedious to manage.

It would be way better to be able to let the controler call the next
filter based on an evaluation method based on the current state.

Now, the question is : how do the controller knows which filter to call
next ? It must have the current state, and it must be able to make the
connection.

For instance, let's say that from filter F we can switch to either
filter G or filter H, depending on the state we transit to in F.

F --(state1)--> G
or
F --(state2)--> H

That means the controller has a map { (F, state1, G), (F, state2, H)}
somewhere. State should be passed to the controller too :

controller.nextFilter( newState );

Pretty theorical at this point... I'm sorry not to have a lot of time to
code this, I do realize that for you guys implementing ideas it's a PITA...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,