mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MINA 3.0] filter chains
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2011 17:44:41 GMT
On 8/28/11 6:27 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> On Aug 27, 2011, at 1:51 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>
> I took a bit of time to start fleshing out an LDAP server and now know why we've been
back and forth so often.  You are using an FSM to parse messages and I am using FSMs to implement
network protocols.
We are using a FSM to decode the LDAP messages, but this is an
orthogonal concern here.

The problem we had with MINA is that we would have prefered to have two
decoder filters : one for the TLVs and another one for the LDAP
messages. It was not possible when we first created this decoder. Also
we have to use a demux at the end, and it's a PITA. Would we be able to
use a FSM to implment the LDAP protocol as a whole, we would be more
than happy.

>   Two totally different things.  I think we should think about this for a bit but I will
quickly state that I think the way to handle this is to have something not unlike an SSL engine
inside a filter;
SSL as a filter was a big mistake, IMHO.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,