mina-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject Re: ThreadPoolExecutor shutdown
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 10:03:08 GMT
On 12.10.11 23:56, Mike Mahoney wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I was looking through some of the StanzaRelay code and noticed that ThreadPoolExecutors
in DeliveringInternalInboundStanzaRelay and DeliveringExternalInboundStanzaRelay never get
cleanly shutdown.  Probably not a priority but I was thinking of adding a stop() method to
the StanzaRelay interface and implementing it in all the child classes.  The relay method
would then throw a DeliveryException if they were called after stop().

> Thoughts?  Should I open a Jira ticket for this?

Good catch! I've applied some changes based on your patch.
I added unit tests and decided to throw ServiceUnavailableException, to
make it easer to return a proper error stanza.

  Bernd