mina-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Vysper BOSH session initialization
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 15:17:27 GMT

 Is there any support for doing session attachment as described here: http://metajack.im/2008/10/03/getting-attached-to-strophe/
?

has any thoughts on a good way to approach this I'd be happy to work on it, since our project
needs the functionality anyway.

>>> From my reading of the post, it doesn't seem to require any support on
>>> the server but should work just like regular BOSH. But, I might be
>>> missing something.
>>>
>>> /niklas
>>
>> In general, I think it should work.  The problem is creating the BoshBackedSessionContext
on the server.  Right now, it is created from the BoshHandler when it receives a 'body' element
without a sid.  I was working on building a filter that could execute when a user logs into
our web app that would setup the BoshBackedSessionContext and return the initial sid and rid
to the client.  However, just creating the Context and placing it in the BoshHandlers Map
of Contexts doesn't seem sufficient.  When I do that and then send a BOSH request with initial
presence I just get back an empty response with no data (not even an empty body element).

>> -Mike
>
> I finally got this working.  It was basically a three step process: 1. Expose a function
to manually create a session, 2. Set the state of the session to AUTHENTICATED, 3. Manually
to the session resource binding.  Not doing the last two is what was leading to my empty

thanks for posting your solution.

  Bernd