mina-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: FTPserver and OSGi support
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2011 20:51:27 GMT
2011/10/7 Jesús Castillo <jesus.a.castillo@gmail.com>:
> I was able to deploy the ftpserver as a bundle in ServiceMix. However, I
> found some limitations
> and I wonder if any of them could be addressed in future versions.

We would be happy to adress them wherever it reasonable, mostly we do
not want to have to change the API to do so.

However, I'm not sure we got the necessary knowledge to do so, so
patches would be most welcome.

> 1. Dependency between interfaces and implementation that make difficult to
> segregate them in different bundles.

Sounds like this would require moving classes around?

> 2. The NameSpaceHandler doesn't support property placeholder. It would be
> great to define attributes such as port="${port}"
> using the OSGi compendium service.
>
> 3. The NameSpaceHandler should support customized factory classes.

The namespace handlers was written with Spring in mind, but if this
support can be added without breaking compatibility then go for it.

> In addition, support of Interceptors for Commands would be of great benefit.
> An interceptor would allow us to inspect and customized the Server easily.

Sounds a lot like Ftplets, which should work from OSGi?

/niklas