mina-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Mahoney <mike.maho...@thingworx.com>
Subject Re: Vysper BOSH session initialization
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 20:03:54 GMT

there any support for doing session attachment as described here: http://metajack.im/2008/10/03/getting-attached-to-strophe/
?

>> There didn't seem to be any support, but I wanted to make sure.  If anyone has any
thoughts on a good way to approach this I'd be happy to work on it, since our project needs
the functionality anyway.

> From my reading of the post, it doesn't seem to require any support on
> the server but should work just like regular BOSH. But, I might be
> missing something.
>
> /niklas

In general, I think it should work.  The problem is creating the BoshBackedSessionContext
on the server.  Right now, it is created from the BoshHandler when it receives a 'body' element
without a sid.  I was working on building a filter that could execute when a user logs into
our web app that would setup the BoshBackedSessionContext and return the initial sid and rid
to the client.  However, just creating the Context and placing it in the BoshHandlers Map
of Contexts doesn't seem sufficient.  When I do that and then send a BOSH request with initial
presence I just get back an empty response with no data (not even an empty body element).

-Mike