mina-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Mahoney <mike.maho...@thingworx.com>
Subject Re: Vysper resource binding
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 21:42:01 GMT

On Sep 27, 2011, at 4:14 PM, Bernd Fondermann wrote:

> On 27.09.11 21:20, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> On 9/27/11 1:18 PM, Mike Mahoney wrote:
>>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> Hi. Full disclosure: I don't work on Vysper, I just listen in on the list.
>>
>>> We're in the process of embedding Vysper into our product, which is
>>> going well.  One of our requirements is for Vysper to accept the
>>> suggested resource name provided by a client.  I have already made
>>> the necessary modifications to ResourceRegistry,
>>> DefaultResourceRegistry, and the classes that use them.  Is this
>>> something the Vysper team would be interested in?
>
> Sure.
>
>> We'd be happy to
>>> provide the patch.
>
> I'd be very interested to review the patch.
> Please open a new JIRA (you can link it to VYSPER-11 if you want).
>
> I never implemented this because I wanted to route around potential
> problems like having to check the well-formed-ness of the
> client-proposed resource name and the potential runtime conditions when
> duplicate names are bound quasi-simultaneously.

I've submitted the patch for accepting suggested resource names.  However, it is lacking one
piece.  The spec outlines three different behaviors for a client attempting to bind a resource
name that is already in use:  http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc6120.html#bind-clientsubmit-error-conflict.

Is their any preference as to which one is implemented, or as to which should be the default?
 I have most of this done, but thought some input on this would be good.

Once this is done I'll submit a patch for this final part.

Thanks,
Mike