mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MINA 3.0] IoBuffer usage
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 18:10:10 GMT
On 1/16/12 2:56 PM, Chad Beaulac wrote:
> Emmanuel, (all)
>
> I'm working on this Camel ticket:
>
> I finished the initial cut of
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-3471 to create a mina2
> component in Camel.
>
> CAMEL-2624 adds the full async behavior for Mina2 endpoints in Camel.
>
> Would it be possible to backport the IoBuffer reading and writing discussed
> in this email thread from Mina3 to Mina2?
> Following the depth of the stack trace through
> AbstractIoSession.write(...), I'm a little concerned about the throughput.
> My current code (mina-less) is supporting single TCP channels with 320+
> Mb/s rates. I'm porting my code to use Mina with a Mina Google Protocol
> Buffers codec I wrote. I know if this is a real problem soon when I finish
> CAMEL-2624 and setup some throughput tests.

Another option would be to port this to MINA3, and make it work with
Camel. Right now, MINA 3 is pretty rough, but we have made it works well
with Http and LDAP. I'd rather spend some time making it a bit more
solid and working well in your case instead of trying to inject the code
in MINA2.

Now, it's your call. We can discuss the pros and cons of both approach
if you like.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,