mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc Neeley" <neel...@ociweb.com>
Subject RE: [Vysper 0.7] Server-to-Server communication...
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 15:19:19 GMT
Niklas,
  Thanks for the reply. I did run across the XEP-0114 spec and discussion
online, but it has been unclear to me how  s2s vs. non-s2s traffic is
separated for any given implemented component. For example, if I don't
enable s2s as shown in the Vysper docs then can I then use say the XEP-0060
Pub/Sub implementation  for s2s instead? I didn't know, for example, if
things like dialback would only be active and sent if the s2s configuration
is turned on and thus, the XEP-0060 implementation wouldn't see it.  Thanks
again for the reply and any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Marc

-----Original Message-----
From: Niklas Gustavsson [mailto:niklas@protocol7.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 1:56 AM
To: dev@mina.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Vysper 0.7] Server-to-Server communication...

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 3:52 AM, Marc Neeley <neeleym@ociweb.com> wrote:
>  Can anyone tell me what XMPP specs focus on the server-to-server
> communication portion of a distributed chat deployment and if Vysper
> would allow that portion of the server to be extended with a different
> implementation of the communication? So if I had a Vysper server and a
> non-Vysper server running on different nodes and need to communicate
> between them, is there an extension spec I should be considering?

Vysper supports server-to-server communication as described in the XMPP RFCs
and server dailback (http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0220.html).

If the non-Vysper server is an XMPP server, regular S2S should work for you.
If not, you might want to check out the component protocol
(http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0114.html) for which there is a branch in
Vysper with some basic support.

/niklas