mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Asher, Angela" <aas...@iskoot.com>
Subject mina version 2.0.4, thread model
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2012 11:58:48 GMT
Hi,

I am new to Mina, and I have a question regarding the thread model.
I am now using the Executor.newCachedThreadPool()
Which as I understand manages the I/O processor threads.
My question is, does the amount of live I/O processor threads match the amount of open sockets?
For example: if I have two open sockets, each one has it's own I/O processor thread, or,
Can a single thread handle the messageReceived events for example for both sockets, if the
thread is not busy when the events arriving.

Thanks in advance,
Angela