mina-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject Re: [Vysper 0.7] Server-to-Server communication...
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 22:41:23 GMT
On 13.02.12 23:18, Marc Neeley wrote:
> Sure,
>     I'm addressing a Server-to-Server communication environment where
> connectivity may be a little more ad-hoc than typical resource-rich
> environments. Nodes (along with their domains) may come and go, so in order
> to keep some of the internal servers stable, the gateway would keep a steady
> connection to the vysper environment while negotiating ad-hoc connections on
> the other side. A vysper server, for example would likely not lose a network
> connection, but traffic like presence, etc. would behave as it should by
> appearing and leaving based on stanza frequency and established timeouts. So
> the path would look like:
>
>      XMPP Server(domain a)<-->  gateway (domain a)<-->  chaos<-->
gateway
> (domain b)<-->  XMPP Server(domain b)

ok, I think I'm starting to understand.
Your intention is to put a proxy in front of Vysper which is more
capable of handling the kind of network situation you are experiencing
or prepare for.

>    Now my original question was is there a particular area of the vysper
> distribution that I could look at that would help me with the XMPP side of
> the gateway to implement a proper connection and handshaking to establish
> what would typically be a normal XMPP -to- XMPP interaction?  I'm not as
> familiar with XMPP as I am with other integration technologies yet, so
> that's why I'm asking.

I would start looking into the following packages:
/server/core/src/main/java/org/apache/vysper/xmpp/server
/server/core/src/main/java/org/apache/vysper/xmpp/server/s2s

I would also try to debug through an actual regular connection handshake.

    Bernd