mina-dev mailing list archives

From Julien Vermillard <jvermill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MINA 3.0] Idle management
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 09:08:57 GMT
On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/24/12 1:32 PM, Christian Schwarz wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> will it be possible to disable the Idle detection when i don't need it?
>

> We should make it optional, absolutely. This should be a parameter of the
> IoProcessor (as an IoProcessor will handle more than one service).

Hi,
I made a first implementation of the upper idea
(o.a.mina.service.idlechecker) in the trunk, I'm still working on unit
tests.

I actually removed idle both read write event (keeping only read and
write idle event)., because I wasn't able to find a meaningful use
case. If someone know why use this event ?

It stills miss some plumber for making the idle checker implementation
configurable but it won't be hard to add.

Julien