mina-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: [Vysper 0.7] Server-to-Server communication...
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 07:55:38 GMT
On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 3:52 AM, Marc Neeley <neeleym@ociweb.com> wrote:
>  Can anyone tell me what XMPP specs focus on the server-to-server
> communication portion of a distributed chat deployment and if Vysper would
> allow that portion of the server to be extended with a different
> implementation of the communication? So if I had a Vysper server and a
> non-Vysper server running on different nodes and need to communicate between
> them, is there an extension spec I should be considering?

Vysper supports server-to-server communication as described in the
XMPP RFCs and server dailback
(http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0220.html).

If the non-Vysper server is an XMPP server, regular S2S should work
for you. If not, you might want to check out the component protocol
(http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0114.html) for which there is a branch
in Vysper with some basic support.

/niklas