mina-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject Re: Questiona about verifyCredentials
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2012 19:36:56 GMT
On 21.07.12 15:58, Wang Ye wrote:
> Hi, everyone!
>
> I am currently configuring my IM server with Vysper. I did everything based on the documentation.
And it worked fine for me. However I have a question about user authentication.

> I implemented the interface UserAuthentication but in the method:
>
> boolean verifyCredentials(String username, String passwordCleartext, Object credentials);
>
> There is three parameters, the first two are easy to understand as we always type in
username and password to login. But I can not get clear what the third one, credentials, a
java object is used for. I logged it in my verifyCredentials implementation but it seems to
be null (and always null) when I logged in with the Messages App in OS X. Since I am new to
XMPP Protocol, I have no idea what the object credentials is. So can anyone explain this?
Thanks in advance.

XMPP supports different authentication methods, via SASL (there should
be plenty of resources on the internet regarding SASL, it is
standardized by the IETF). Some of these methods might differ from
simply requiring username/password. To support a wide range of SASL
methods, a third parameter was added.

Vysper currently implements SASL ANONYMOUS and SASL PLAIN, both not
requiring the third parameter.

   Bernd