mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: websocket codec in Apache Mina
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 07:00:05 GMT
Le 9/12/12 7:25 PM, Dhruv Chopra a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> We are using Apache Mina for NIO in our gaming server. In our
> scenario, the same server must handle data transfer across native
> clients (iOS, Android) and web browsers (which are communicating
> through websockets).
> To do this, we have prototyped an encoder and decoder in the MINA
> chain which will do the websocket handshake and manage communication
> over WebSocket dataframes (as in RFC 6455).
> My question is that is there already a filter for doing this (or one
> under development)? If not, we would like to contribute what we have
> done to the Apache Mina project and would like to know the process.
>
> Thanks,
> Dhruv
>
> Product Site : http://appwarp.shephertz.com/
> Company Site : http://shephertz.com/
Hi !

First, thanks a lot for you interest in MINA. We would be pleased to
receive such a contribution, of course. Ashish and Bernd described the
process to follow (JIRA, etc), and I'll just add a few comments :
- technically, you will give the ASF those files. Be sure that all the
developprs who contributed to your work agree to give their work (if you
derived some external code to create your codec).

Otherwise, as said, just push the files, and we will include them to MINA.

I have another question : as I'm pretty sure this code is going to be
used by many people, so will you have time to provide some support ?
Note that we don't mandate you to do so, but that's probably the best
way to benefit from the community, and to be part of it.

Many thanks !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,