mina-dev mailing list archives

From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migration from Confluence to CMS
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 06:25:03 GMT
Tried my first step. Main page is coming up, but I still don't
understand the CMS system completely. Trying to get a hang of it.

We also need to raise a JIRA for Infra to have staging environment to be setup.

thanks
ashish

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can probably help in this process, as we have something similar to do for the Directory
project.

> Overall, everything is almost ready at Directory, we just need to move/translate the
page content from Confluence to Markdown, and use the migration to evaluate what content is
still relevant and needs to be available.

> Here's a mail thread on the Directory ML explaining how we're migrating and giving a
few pointers on how to migrate:
> - http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/directory-dev/201204.mbox/%3C4F9132D1.4030401@gmail.com%3E
> - http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/directory-dev/201204.mbox/%3C2898D391-53BD-43F3-A5F3-0E0267DB9607@marcelot.net%3E
> - http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/directory-dev/201204.mbox/%3CAA0FF349-FE2A-4776-8282-C4D8C06ED295@marcelot.net%3E
>
> Regards,
> Pierre-Arnaud
>

> On 10 sept. 2012, at 18:03, Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> all the Apache projects must migrate from Confluence to use the Apache CMS by the
end of this year. We have been warned that doing it at the last minute will most certainly
be bound to failure, due to the lack of support we may have by then.

>> I think it's time for us to start the migration of the sites (MINA, FtpServer, SSHd,
Vysper and Asyncweb).

>> I have done some preliminary experiments on Directory project, and I think the best
would be to use Asyncweb as a playground - unless any of you wants to start on another project.

>> I'll come back later this month with more feedback.
>>
>> Btw, it would be a good timing to review the MINA doco, and probably to deprecate
MINA 1.0 and 1.1, which are not any more used (AFAICT).

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog