mina-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: MINA 2.0.5 backwards compatibility issue
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 07:04:37 GMT
On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 12:33 AM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> The point is that you are expecting the TextLineDecoder to detect a bad file
> name, instead of checking the file name in the IoHandler. But anyway, I
> think t's not relevant here.

No, I expect TextLineDecoder to detect input it can't correctly decode
(which in the case of FtpServer might be a file name, a command or a
bunch of other things). In fact, anything where I input a bunch of
bytes and get Strings out, I would always expect to err on invalid
input rather then silently (and without the possibility of detecting
it afterwards) create invalid output. I just assume that new String()
is a historical mistake, but I really have no clue as to the
background :)

/niklas