mina-dev mailing list archives

From Dhruv Chopra <dhruv.cho...@shephertz.co.in>
Subject Re: synchronous client and sever socket messaging
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 13:29:21 GMT
If you are trying to build an ACK mechanism just for ordered delivery -
then you don't need to do anything special as TCP sessions are by nature
ordered and do all the sequencing for you.
Also can you describe why you are using delimiters? If your problem is that
you are receiving multiple small messages sent from the client in a single
messageReceived on the server - then you can try turning off Nagle from the
client when connection is made and see if that helps.
If however you really need an ACK - then like Emmanuel mentioned, you will
need to define your own protocol on top of TCP for such custom behavior.