mina-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff MAURY <jeffma...@jeffmaury.com>
Subject [MINA3] Some points
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 15:46:16 GMT
Hello,

as I has been working on the Codec API and MINA3, I have some points I want
to share with you:

1) Codec API
The new Codec API does not define exceptions. It seems that the old one
does with the notion of recoverable exception, should we define exceptions
as well or no. If no, then we should document how an exception should be
generated (RuntimeException, any other) and which are the preferred ones.
Also, the decoder is expected to return an array of object, wouldn't it
better to return a Collection ?

2) Session objects are not immutable
I noticed that session objects (assigned to clients and servers) are not
immutable, but I think changing properties of such objects may lead to
unexpected behavior. Would the Builder pattern more accurate ?

Jeff

--
Jeff MAURY

working and scaling.