mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding Monitoring to MINA 3.0
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 15:54:23 GMT
Le 7/25/13 5:24 PM, Ashish a écrit :
> Folks,
>
> Since we have M1 release, we can think about adding Monitoring support to
> MINA.
>
> Yammer's Metrics package is quite widely used for this.
>
> http://metrics.codahale.com/
>
> I do not have a concrete idea on how to go about putting monitoring in
> place. It would be worth discussing about it.
>
> We can use to monitor
>
> bytes in/out
> Queue lengths
> Protocol Messages in/out
> # IO Listener
> Events Connect/Idle etc
> JVM stuff (http://metrics.codahale.com/manual/jvm/)
>
> wdyt?

I'm totally +1 for monitoring MINA.

At some point, JMX would be a good addition, but JMX per se is not funny
to play with. I don't know how easy Metrics is, but if it's any better
than pure JMX, I think it worth giving it a try !

Now, the key is to now preciselly what to monitor. But we can start with
a few things, and add monitors as we go on.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,