mina-dev mailing list archives

From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding Monitoring to MINA 3.0
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 15:48:20 GMT
Welcome back Edouard :)

I am banging my head to get an Avro codec for a while. Let me see if I can
get something, else will use COAP module to prototype this monitoring,
before pushing it into core.

Julien: I doubt it can simply take the form of IoFilter. With IoFilter it
would be limited, like to get ProtocolMessage in/out, it need to be with
decoder. to early to say, but lets play and refine our approach.

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 9:08 PM, Edouard De Oliveira <doe_wanted@yahoo.fr>wrote:

> Hi folks,
> i've been MIA for quite long but i regularly take a look at MINA threads
> from time to time
>
> As for monitoring, i don't know if it's the best tool for this (need to
> investigate it when i'll have some spare time ...)
>
> But what i know is that it is IMHO definitly a MUST HAVE
> as it would allow to gather stats from within real world running instances
> instead of often quite simple junit tests
>
> So big +1 for your idea Ashish
>

> Cordialement, Regards,
> -Edouard De Oliveira-
>
> ________________________________
>  De : Ashish <paliwalashish@gmail.com>
> À : dev@mina.apache.org
> Envoyé le : Jeudi 25 juillet 2013 17h24
> Objet : Adding Monitoring to MINA 3.0
>

> Folks,
>
> Since we have M1 release, we can think about adding Monitoring support to
> MINA.
>
> Yammer's Metrics package is quite widely used for this.
>
> http://metrics.codahale.com/
>
> I do not have a concrete idea on how to go about putting monitoring in
> place. It would be worth discussing about it.
>
> We can use to monitor
>
> bytes in/out
> Queue lengths
> Protocol Messages in/out