mina-dev mailing list archives

From Julien Vermillard <jvermill...@gmail.com>
Subject [MINA3] run some code in the IOSelectorLoop
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 07:59:07 GMT
Hi,
Sorry for the MIA, I was quite busy (new baby).

I'm having some problems with MINA 3, some code can be run outsite of
the selector loop and force you to write correct conccurent code.

For example :
* call session.write from another thread make the IOfilter chain
processing outside of the selector loop
* Idle event is detected and propagated by another thread (the thread
regulary chking the idle index)

For the first, I'm not sure if we should address it or not, but for
the idle event, it would be easy to run the idle event processing code
from the IOSelectorLoop, by message passing the event thru a Queue and
triggering a selector wakeup (like it's done for session
registration).

--
Julien Vermillard :::: http://people.apache.org/~jvermillard/