mina-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Ulrich <steve.ulr...@proemion.com>
Subject RE: MINA on multihomed machine
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2013 14:38:59 GMT
> Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com] wrote
>
> Le 11/28/13 2:51 PM, Dhruv Chopra a écrit :
> > I understand how it will work with acceptors and binding to different
> > interface - I would like to know if someone has done it with MINA
> > before and could share their experience. To handle more than 65k+
> > concurrent tcp clients (16 bit port range) - I will need such a
> setup.
>
> No. you are limited to 65 000 ports for a specific cumple <client IP,
> server IP>, not to 65 000 connections. Your server can handle way more
> than 65 000 connections on one single address and one single port.

More specifically, you are limited to 65K connections for <client IP, Server IP, Server
Port>. So you could open up to 65K x 65K ~ 4G Connections from one Client IP to a single
Server IP. Binding multiple ports is easy and can be done with a single Acceptor.
It shouldn't be a problem, but I haven't tried multiple IPs, yet. Just bind() on it.