mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MINA on multihomed machine
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2013 14:07:51 GMT
Le 11/28/13 2:51 PM, Dhruv Chopra a écrit :
> I understand how it will work with acceptors and binding to different
> interface - I would like to know if someone has done it with MINA before
> and could share their experience. To handle more than 65k+ concurrent tcp
> clients (16 bit port range) - I will need such a setup.

No. you are limited to 65 000 ports for a specific cumple <client IP,
server IP>, not to 65 000 connections. Your server can handle way more
than 65 000 connections on one single address and one single port.

Check
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2332741/what-is-the-theoretical-maximum-number-of-open-tcp-connections-that-a-modern-lin

--
Regards,