mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Dev] Applying TCP Backpressure on reading sockets with Mina
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2014 17:50:25 GMT
Le 1/19/14 4:55 PM, ishara premadasa a écrit :
>  Hi,
>
> I would like to know whether Apache Mina supports applying TCP backpressure
> on the sending clients? My requirement is that when there are a lot of
> messages arriving from an extensive publishing client, activating TCP
> backpressure as then it may stop reading anymore packets from the sockets
> till the received load is delivered.

You probably mean throttling one connection. Yes, this is possible, you
can use the ConnectionThrottleFilter for that purpose :

/**
 * A {@link IoFilter} which blocks connections from connecting
 * at a rate faster than the specified interval.
 *
 * @author <a href="http://mina.apache.org">Apache MINA Project</a>
 */
public class ConnectionThrottleFilter extends IoFilterAdapter {

> I have refereed several docs on the subject but i couldn't find a good
> resource which provides this information. Can someone please guide me on
> how to configure Mina to apply TCP backpressure as per my requirement here.
> I am using Apache Mina 1.1.7 version.

Mina 1.1.7 is not anymore supported. I suggest you switch to Mina 2.0.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,