mina-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Popp <christopherp...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: how to get the real client ip--Emergency
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2014 20:39:29 GMT
You can configure the F5 to not translate the client address.  If you set the F5 up this way
you'll get the client's IP address while still being able to use the F5 for load balancing.
 https://devcentral.f5.com/questions/maintain-client-ip-address

Chris

On Friday, April 18, 2014 3:30 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:

Le 4/18/14 7:27 AM, 心冶独孤 a écrit :
> Hi,
>

> I am using Mina to developing a server program.
> When the client directly connects to the server, using the following code I can get the
ip:
> String clientIP = ((InetSocketAddress)session.getRemoteAddress()).getAddress().getHostAddress();
> But, when we use a F5(load balance machine) between the client and server, I can't get
the real ip now.
> Instead, I get the virtual ip(LAN ip) from F5.
Plain normal. The IP address you get is the address of the socket, which
is the socket to the F5.
> I need the real ip, can you help me?
No, we can't. This is simply not possible.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,