mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Back to code
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 16:02:58 GMT
Le 4/23/14 5:09 PM, Jeff MAURY a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> after a busy Devoxx France, I will be able to spend more time on MINA in
>  the next weeks.
> I would like to share some thoughts with you:
>

>    - HTTP: as I was presenting a talk at Devoxx about Web stacks
>    performances, I was really upset by the fact that most of them are using
>    Netty as the underlying HTTP engine. I understood the reason: our HTTP
>    codec is broken in many ways related to server development: no ZIP support,
>    no application/x-www-form-urlencoded or multipart/form-data support. So our
>    implementation is leaving too much work on the web stack implementation.
>    Not clear on my side for the client part. So I suggest complete reworking
>    the HTTP layer

+1.

>    - Benchmarks; we have started working on this issue but the bad part is
>    that our tests are not distributed so the TCP layer is not really used and
>    may impact the result. I propose to set up a new environment based on
>    Docker so that the server side can run automatically from Maven on a remote
>    machine. We should also try to keep the results as part of the build files.
>    As ASF does not seem to provide a distributed environment,
We can ask for machines where we can run some tests.

OTOH, I have 4 Raspberry PI that could be used as injectors if needed.

> I propose to run
>    the build on my personal machines (MacBook + Ubuntu) and to archive the
>    results on my ASF home space

>    - SSL: We've refactored the SSL process to be more event oriented, but I
>    think we should complete it, mainly related to rehandshake

Absolutely.

> WDYT ?

That's a perfect roadmap !

On my side, I have to implement the LDAP codec over MINA 3, which can be
a bit challenging, but could be a perfect move to test the migration
process, and see what's missing.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,