mina-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff MAURY <jeffma...@jeffmaury.com>
Subject Back to code
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 15:09:38 GMT
Hello,

after a busy Devoxx France, I will be able to spend more time on MINA in
 the next weeks.
I would like to share some thoughts with you:

   - HTTP: as I was presenting a talk at Devoxx about Web stacks
   performances, I was really upset by the fact that most of them are using
   Netty as the underlying HTTP engine. I understood the reason: our HTTP
   codec is broken in many ways related to server development: no ZIP support,
   no application/x-www-form-urlencoded or multipart/form-data support. So our
   implementation is leaving too much work on the web stack implementation.
   Not clear on my side for the client part. So I suggest complete reworking
   the HTTP layer
   - Benchmarks; we have started working on this issue but the bad part is
   that our tests are not distributed so the TCP layer is not really used and
   may impact the result. I propose to set up a new environment based on
   Docker so that the server side can run automatically from Maven on a remote
   machine. We should also try to keep the results as part of the build files.
   As ASF does not seem to provide a distributed environment, I propose to run
   the build on my personal machines (MacBook + Ubuntu) and to archive the
   results on my ASF home space
   - SSL: We've refactored the SSL process to be more event oriented, but I
   think we should complete it, mainly related to rehandshake

WDYT ?
Jeff
--
Jeff MAURY