mina-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mina SSHD 0.13.0
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2014 14:10:16 GMT
The binary distribution includes the needed licenses, but they are
concatenated in a single file LICENSE.txt.
For the binary distribution, only slf4j and bouncy castle are included, the
other dependencies are mostly test dependencies or optional (and not
included in the binary distribution).  That seems a common practice too.

For the source distribution, my understanding is that the LICENSE/NOTICE
files need only to cover the files included in the distribution (same as
the binary distributions), not everything that is needed during the build,
else we'd need all files for various maven plugins and transitive
dependencies.   So my feeling is that it is correct, but I could be wrong.

Guillaume