mina-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff MAURY <jeffma...@jeffmaury.com>
Subject More SSL thoughts
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2014 21:37:04 GMT
Hello,

as I'm working on the SSL part this time and more specifically on the
handshake/rehandshake processing, I have a couple of questions and some
infos to share:

   - I've added 3 more methods in IoHandler to reflect handshake related
   event: handshakeStarted, handshakeCompleted and secureClosed. I've added
   them as well to IoFilter but I don't quite understand the philosophy as
   some method have a chain controller to call the next filter and some not
   - In order to support rehandshaking et being efficient, we must keep the
   same SSLEngine. So my idea to start a new handshake was to reuse what we
   have today through the initSecure method: if the SSLContext is null, then
   the rehandkshake is started if we already have an initialized SSLHandler
   attached to the session. If SSLContext is null and no SSLHandler is
   attached to the session, then an exception (IllegalState ?) will be
   through. If an SSLContext is attached and an SSLHandler is attached to the
   session, then a new SSLEngine is build. WDYT ?

Jeff

--
Jeff MAURY

working and scaling.