mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Review DIRMINA-994
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 06:55:54 GMT
Le 07/11/14 07:30, Jeff MAURY a écrit :
> Le Fri Nov 07 2014 at 1:42:43 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>
>> Le 06/11/14 23:15, Jeff MAURY a écrit :
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> upon Emmanuel's request, I reviewed the fix for DIRMINA-994
>>> (commit f1972fc3de8c4074ff7b60f8c557d3c53013e30b). Here are my remarks:
>>>
>>>    - the Future framework in MINA2 is not linked in any form to JDK's
>>>    Future, is there any reason for that ? I've seen that IOFuture in
>> MINA3
>>>    extends Future
>> Java Future were introduced in hava 5. MINA was created with Java 1.4
>> compatibility as a target.
>>
> Can't accpet it, as MINA2 code uses generics.

I'm just stating the fact that when future were introduced, we weren't
using generic yet, because we wanted to keep the 1.4 compatibility. When
we decided to switch to Java 5, we added generic, but kept Future.

I'm not saying it was a smart move, this is just what happened. In
retrospect, that was lazy.

Keep in mind that MINA history is nearly 10 years old...