mina-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff MAURY <jeffma...@jeffmaury.com>
Subject Review DIRMINA-994
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2014 22:15:01 GMT
Hello,

upon Emmanuel's request, I reviewed the fix for DIRMINA-994
(commit f1972fc3de8c4074ff7b60f8c557d3c53013e30b). Here are my remarks:

   - the Future framework in MINA2 is not linked in any form to JDK's
   Future, is there any reason for that ? I've seen that IOFuture in MINA3
   extends Future
   - Regarding MINA3, I suggest that IOFuture's implementation should
   benefit from helper class AbstractQueuedSynchronizer (
   http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/concurrent/locks/AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.html).
   As MINA3 Future framework is linked to the JDK Future framework, the change
   should be quite small and simple. I will open a JIRA for that

Jeff