mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Vysper update
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2016 09:39:17 GMT
Le 19/03/16 09:45, Praveen Prabhu a écrit :
> Hi,
> I have recently downloaded the source from the vysper svn trunk and have made it compatible
with jdk 1.7.
> Also, a number of changes made:
> 1. Upgraded the deprecated DocumentSpecCompliantAnnotationFactory to DocumentSpecCompliantAnnotationProcessor
to support latest annotations processor framework2. Migrated to Mina 2.0.133. Upgraded slfj
to 1.7.18 (supports varargs for logging)4. Upgraded ehcache to 2.10.1 (can support locking
features for better concurancy)5. Upgraded websocket end point to use sslcontextfactory instead
of depricated api.6. Code cleanup to remove warning messages
> Compilation and packaging is successfull, though I have not run any other tests other
than the unit tests during compilation.
> I am planning to work on clustering multiple vysper instances such that users can logon
to multiple hosts within a cluster and outbound and inbound message processing can be done
on different servers based on where the user is logged in. This should enable horizontal scalability
to vysper.
> I would very much like to contribute this to the vypser community. I can send the source
for review so that you can review and commit if you deem fit.
That would be great !!

The best would be to create one (or more) JIRA and attach the source to
it, or to create a pull request on github
(https://github.com/apache/vysper) so that we can review teh changes.

FTR, Vysper has been kind of dorman for that few years, but if you feel
like taking over the project, we could most certainly vote you in as a
committer, whoch would be frnkly simpler.

Thanks  a lot !