mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache FTPServer 1.1.0 release
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2016 09:58:55 GMT
Le 26/10/16 à 10:57, Dave Roberts a écrit :

> FWIW, here's my vote:-
>
> -1 | Do **NOT**  release FTPServer 1.1.0
>
> There are pending pull requests that have been around for over 3
> years which I'd really like to see make the cut...
>
> For FTPSERVER-344:
> https://github.com/saaconsltd/mina-ftpserver/pull/1
>
> For FTPSERVER-446:
> https://github.com/saaconsltd/mina-ftpserver/pull/2
>
> For FTPSERVER-438:
> https://github.com/saaconsltd/mina-ftpserver/pull/3
>
> I know Niklas hasn't really been around lately so no-one is actively
> working on this project, but if a release is going to be made, it
> might as well take some of the fixes on offer. Obviously I'm a
> little biased in these cases. :)
>
> Kind regards
> Dave

Hi Dave,

IMHO, the urgency is to have a release cut. As it was 2 years it was
pending, it was lagging behing all the MINA fixes. Getting this release
out was already quite painful, with many things having to be fixed in
teh code and teh build system to have it working.

I would consider that this version (1.1.0) is a stabilized base on which
we will be able to move forward.

There is nothing bad in having a 1.1.1 out in one week, containing the
pending PR. Differing the release will just make things a bit more
painful...

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com