mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SslFilter.exceptionCaught()
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2017 14:02:25 GMT

Le 15/12/2017 à 13:09, Christoph John a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have a question regarding the method above. I have noticed that it
> swallows an Exception in some cases (WriteToClosedSessionException).
> Is there any harm in overriding the exceptionCaught() method in a
> subclass to get notified of the WriteToClosedSessionException? Or could
> this cause problems in the general SSL connection/disconnection process?

>From the top of my head, this message is sent when an exception has
occured, and it's propagated to the IoHandler would it want to do
somemething in this case.

Somehow, it does not make sense for it to be swallowed, for teh exact
reason the IoHandler might do something with it, so if it is, then it's
probably a bug.

Do you have a scenario that reproduces this beahavior ? (or at least the
places where the exception is swallowed) ?

Thanks !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com