mina-dev mailing list archives

From Lyor Goldstein <lgoldst...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Mina SSHD 2.1.0
Date Sun, 30 Sep 2018 16:28:29 GMT
>>> I just used the link Guillaume provided
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-1038/
>   build fails

I was able to reproduce the build failure and also figure out the reason
for it + fix it. Turns out the the source ZIP contains several extra files
(in this case 2 *hostkey.ser* files) that are actually *products* of the
compilation and test code and not true sources (i.e., the test code
produces them and re-uses them if they are already there). Once these files
are removed (see *sshd-core* and *sshd-netty*) the build completes
successfully (Emmanuel, please try removing the said files from the sources
bundle you downloaded and confirm that you can also complete the build).

I have fixed the assembly descriptors that generate the binary and source
distributions to correctly filter them out + added a pre-build cleanup step
in the POM(s) that takes care of removing them before running the
compilation and/or tests. We now have 2 options:

1. re-release from the git *master* that has the changes I have made
2. remove the "offending" files from the relevant ZIP/TAR.GZ source
packages, re-package, re-publish and ask for a renewed vote.

Option 1: the safest/formal (gets my vote...)
Option 2: the quickest

Emmanuel/Jonathan/Guiilaume...
What do you think ?
Lyor G.