mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Change in behaviour of CompressionFilter
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2019 15:05:28 GMT

On 20/03/2019 15:30, Jonathan Valliere wrote:
> The offending code is in AbstractPollingIoProcessor.  Are you agreeing that
> AbstractPollingIoProcessor has no place modifying the buffer positions?
> Removing buf.reset() would probably fix the problem.

The reason we reset the buffer is that we need to send it back to the
IoHandler in the messageSent event, and to make it readable from its
starting point.

If the app is sending a message containg "hello world", this string will
be put into a IoBuffer, which will be read when the data will get sent
to the remote peer, and the position will then change. The messageSent
event will send this IoBuffer back to the IoHandler, which will then be
incapable of telling the app the message "hello world" has been sent,
because the buffer has been exhausted by the peer write...

This is the reason why we reset the buffer *after* it has been fully sent.