mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Call to Vote on Branch Name Changes
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2019 18:09:51 GMT
Le jeu. 25 avr. 2019 à 18:27, Jonathan Valliere <johnnyv@apache.org> a
écrit :

> I'd like to call a vote on the following proposal for branch changes for
> MINA.
>
>    1. Rename 2.1 to 2.1.X because 2.1 is our root branch from which 2.1.1
>    and 2.1.2 spawn.  The HEAD of 2.1.X should represent the current
> unreleased
>    version in the 2.1 track.

+1

>    2. Rename 2.0 to 2.0.X because 2.0 is our root branch from which 2.0.16+
>    spawn.  The HEAD of 2.0.X should represent the current unreleased
> version
>    in the 2.0 track.

+1

>    3. Remove 2.1.0 because it tracks 2.1.X and prefer to use tags for
>    specific versions unless there is a specific reason why new maintenance
>    branches are

Being far from my computer, I can’t check what this 2.1.0 is. From the top
of my head, it’s a tag, but if it’s a branch, then it’s bad. We need to
clarify that.

Thanks for the proposals, they make a lot if sense.

We probably should also decide something related to 3.X: I don’t think it
will go any farther, and we may need this 3.X for the future evolutions.
--
Regards,
Cordialement,